Alesis Multimix Firewire mixers are in at Guitar Center

brunob

Just to let some of you know, I was in Guitar Center, Canton Michigan, suburb of Detroit, and they had the Multimix Firewire 8 and 12 in stock. $399 for the 8 .Actually had it in my hand, but went there to buy a amp that I needed . Will be picking one up next week. Ill let you know how well it works. I will be using it with Adobe Audition. The manual for the mixer is finally posted on the Alesis site. Says it has the WDM drivers that Audition needs, so it should work. Hope this helped.

I thought this was interesting. A guy at GC in Manchester, CT tried to steer me away from this mixer. I wanted the 16 channel. He asked me if I wanted a mixer that would probably have knobs fall off in three years among other potential problems. Not a great presentation for Alesis.

Though he offered to get one from another store, he kept trying to move me toward other stuff, including a Mackie Onyx, E-MU interface, then an M-Audio device. After I kept hedging because of price and the fact that I wanted a MIXER, he then suggested a Behringer. In a way, I appreciate his efforts to help, but, damn, I wanted to try the Alesis firewire 16.

Well I now have my hands on one. Its here..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................finally.

Im going to install the drivers and set it up tonight. Ya know, Ive had a few pieces of Alesis gear in my life and they are not top shelf really, But its been my experience that they are usually really tough and sound good for the money.
Maybe Im just not hard enough on my gear!

steveanthony said:
I thought this was interesting. A guy at GC in Manchester, CT tried to steer me away from this mixer. I wanted the 16 channel. He asked me if I wanted a mixer that would probably have knobs fall off in three years among other potential problems. Not a great presentation for Alesis.

Though he offered to get one from another store, he kept trying to move me toward other stuff, including a Mackie Onyx, E-MU interface, then an M-Audio device. After I kept hedging because of price and the fact that I wanted a MIXER, he then suggested a Behringer. In a way, I appreciate his efforts to help, but, damn, I wanted to try the Alesis firewire 16.

The mackie Onyx 1640 with the firewire option is by far a better unit then anything alesis can put out. even the 1620 that's closer to features to the mutimix 16 is better. nobody builds a board that is as durable as the mackie.

however you are also shelling out twice the money to get it.
I've heard good things about the sound qualty of the Alesis however i don't know anyone who used it with CEP. as far as knobs falling off in 2 years, let it, it's doubtfull you'll still be using this starter rig in 2 years anyway.
however if you can afford the mackie "I Can't" then thats a better choice.

I'm probley going to get the alesis as soon as i hear how it works with CEP.

Will it record all 16 channels at once?
Can a advarge computer handle it?
will the hard drives keep up, recording 16 channels at once?
hows the 2 way, is there any delays?

Can't wait to hear, whats keeping you :)

Audio Monk

Back