Alesis IO 14

wonderman

Hi,

I´ve aqquired a used Alesis IO 14.

My PC is running on Windows 7 64bit (I have a Qual-Core 3.2gHz with 12Gb RAM).

Before I bought this Alesis unit, I´ve checked to see if the official site had drivers for 64bit, and it did, so I never thought it would be a problem.

The thing is: the firmware update don´t run in Windows 7 64bit! And I believe it must be something about that, right? But, even with firmware updated (I don´t know if this particular one have 1.6 or not), the 64 bit problems will prevail, am I right?

Even though, I think it´s really strange, because BOTH output´s (1 and 2) only send audio from left speaker. The phone´s (1 and 2) are ok, but the output´s are not (and I´ve checked also with phones itself on output connections, to be sure it was not a problem from my stereo amplifier). The sound is centered, the meters shows left and right sounds, but the phisical output from output 1 & 2 are simply sending from left channel.

Besides of that, the sound usually, and randomly, suddently stops (meters shows that abrupt stop), and 1 or 2 seconds after, sound come again.

The LOG shows something like that when sound stops:

2:21:36 pm : iO 14 : arx4 arx3 arx2 arx1 tdif adat aes4 aes3 aes2 aes1
2:21:36 pm : iO 14 : U U U L U U U U U U
2:21:36 pm : iO 14 : device rx lock changed:
2:21:36 pm : iO 14 : arx4 arx3 arx2 arx1 tdif adat aes4 aes3 aes2 aes1
2:21:36 pm : iO 14 : U U U U U U U U U U
2:21:38 pm : iO 14 : device rx lock changed:
2:21:38 pm : iO 14 : arx4 arx3 arx2 arx1 tdif adat aes4 aes3 aes2 aes1
2:21:38 pm : iO 14 : U U U L U U U U U U

BUT, I´ve also changed buffer sizes, to big ones, to make sure it was not a buffer problem, and the problem maintained the same.

The guy who sold me this unit told me if it was something wrong, we would "undo" the business, and that´s already planned, because I´m from 6 hours until now to try to understand (and read on the internet a lot) what is going on, so I think I will have to return this unit and go find another one, compatible with my PC, right?

Thank you all!

Back