Alesis Elevate 3 monitors

Ricklh

These are on sale for the pair for $69.99 at GC this weekend and I was wondering if they're halfway decent monitors for budget-minded folks such as myself. Anyone here heard these?

These seem to be a Guitar Center (and their affiliates) exclusive thing. 3" woofers are not going to provide much in the way of flat bass response.
For $70 they are sure to be better than computer speakers, and if you can't afford anything else, go for it and report back!

These seem to be a Guitar Center (and their affiliates) exclusive thing. 3" woofers are not going to provide much in the way of flat bass response.
For $70 they are sure to be better than computer speakers, and if you can't afford anything else, go for it and report back!

Picked up a pair yesterday but haven't taken'em out of the box yet. Looking forward to hooking them up later in the week. I'll report my early impressions by the weekend.

Finally hooked my sub to the Alesis Elevate monitors this past weekend and was really pleased with their sound - actually, very impressed would describe it better. I recorded a couple of guitar tracks, a bass track and a drum track for my initial test, really just messing around with something made up on the spot. I've had "bookshelf speakers" of varying brands over the years that were good but have never had monitors designed for mixing and there's quite a difference - I can hear what I've been missing! Anyway, I think for the sale price of $69.00 for the pair at GC or even if I had paid the regular $99.00 price, these are a steal and I can't wait to do some more recording & mixing using these. Highly recommended.

I guess if you have been using various other small speakers that have typically 'colored' sound for commercial use, you would notice a difference in high end brilliance. Liek any other cheap monitoring solution, you have to learn HOW the sound translates onto other systems.

I guess if you have been using various other small speakers that have typically 'colored' sound for commercial use, you would notice a difference in high end brilliance. Liek any other cheap monitoring solution, you have to learn HOW the sound translates onto other systems.

Yep, I'll be doing just that & look forward to the process!

Back