Album closer: "I will believe in you"

aspiring

Average Punter
Here is my latest tune: "I will believe in you" (bottom Song (4)).
http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=4529&alid=-1

If I ever wrote and recorded enough songs for an album I was gonna put this one at the end.

It's short... It's also supposed to have a big fade in from a previous song (yet to be written :) ), but I've trimmed it for this mix.

I've left it quite raw-ish and focused on the vocal. Very interested in any comments and suggestions about how this song sounds and works...or doesn't.

Many thanks
aspiring

My last song choice for an album would be super slow or three chord rock and roll....(ala Eagles or Dave Edmiunds)

I guess you picked semi - slow - that's cool (lol). This songs is actually a good finale song - very much could wrap up the whole album quite well.
Hard to describe why but I can see what you mean.

Good song/mix/playing.......Nice harmonies in the background.

Good One Bruce!

Cheers ido :)

Yeah, I guess it all depends on your mood at the time, eh? Maybe after this I would need to pump it up again just a little. Maybe I have been listening to too much Alt Country.

And thanks for the view of the mix. My non-singing female friend will be pleased to hear that she didn't shred your ears too much :)

Ciao

I think this is the best song you've put up on nowhereradio so far. Absolutely beautiful!, and you know it. A lot of people would like it if they only heard it. It's on heavy rotation now at my place.

I would probably add some kind of percussion in eights, maybe shakes, or tambourine? You do have the guitars working a bit in that direction, but since they're so low in the mix and panned, which is fine......

I also think you should, just for a test, do a vocal take where you sing whisperingly.

Possibly let the strings wonder a bit more between the bars...

I'd skip the snares in the intro.

"your non-singing friend" ????, bruce, no offense, but she upstages you on this track!, totally gorgeous voice on the woman. Dare I say it?, i think she should sing lead on this.

Be proud of this track, if it was mine it would have been on my new album.

Thank you for those very kind words Mr Mush :)

And I appreciate that feedback. I'm hearing everything you're suggesting. (Eg. orig click track during recording had hats at 8ths but it was a bit overwelming. But you're right: shakes would prob work well, especially if brought in at the right moment).

I do like some of your stuff with that doubled whispering effect. Gotta learn to use my voice more expressively I reckon. At mix time the snares and strings all ended up quite differently from the original idea in my head. So...yeah, ideally could be rearranged.

:) My non-singing friend will be stoked to hear those comments. Especially from you! I do agree that she has a cool unique sound. Just needs some practice to keep consistent without a zillion edits.

madmush said:
Be proud of this track, if it was mine it would have been on my new album.

Then you really WOULD have me stumped for track order :)

Cheers a bunch
Have Fun

Back