Albert King

Crash ©

Someone mentioned him in another thread and it kinda flashed back a story someone told me a while back..

Joe Walsh is kinda like a second rock n roll son to quite a few folks here in Memphis.. I'm not real sure how he got this connection other than he had a studio here for a while and hung out at some of the local joints.. I think he spent less actual time here when he was here than Elvis did and that wasn't much...

Anyroads.. He'd came back into town for Albert King's funeral in 92 and stopped by a local guitar shop to borrow a guitar and amp to take with him. When her returned with it he told the guys at the shop he'd played Amazing Grace with an old beer bottle slide at the service.

After Joe left a young guy, that had been hanging out in the store and soaking the conversation up, asked if he could buy the guitar and amp that Joe Walsh just brought back.

He said it took him about 5 mintues after one happy looking kid left the store when he started thinking "What have I done?" We just sold the rig that Joe Walsh used to play Amazing Grace at Albert King's funeral..!!!

Back