AKG C3000 vs. Rode NT1

Brad

I have heard (and read on this BBS) many good things about each of these mics. They cost about the same, and I can't decide which one to get. Can somebody sway me one way or the other?
Thanks!
P.S. I will be using the mic only for vocals.

[This message has been edited by Brad (edited 07-19-1999).]

Unfortunately, I can't compare it to the Rode, but I vote for the AKG C3000 for vocals over just about anything.
I use both a C3000 and an Oktava MK219 for vocals and there is no comparison. The warmth and clarity of the C3000 is far superior to the MK219.

if i'm not mistaken, they're different animals. isn't a c3000 a small diaghram as compared to the large diaghram rode nt1 and 2? if i could only buy one, i'd go for the rode. hope this helps,

tony

Actually, they are both large diaphram, both gold sputtered. One main difference is that the C3000 has switchable polar patterns.
That would make it better for instrument micing, but I only need a mic for vocals. I am leaning towards the Rode for this reason.

I have the RODE NT1. The sound it captures from vocals or mic'd instruments is both crisp and clear. I am not familiar with the other mic so I can't comment on it. I am, however, very satisfied with the RODE.

Back