AKAI DPS16I

Refresh

I recently purchased the KorgD8 for my studio. I does everything I could possibly need it to as far as the effects and track laying go, But it had only two inputs. For a person that records mainly live this is an obvious problem. I am thinking of upgrading to the AKAI DPS16I, and was wondering if anyone had any info about this recorder. PROS and CONS.

If i were going to get a digital box, this would be the one! It seems to have what's lacking in the rest of em. Of course I haven't had the chance to check it out up close. 10tracks simul. , 24bit/96!!! I'd take this over the Korg D-16 just for the controls.
Yamaha is set to raise the bar with the AW 4416, but its gonna cost almost 2x as much.(A real concern despite the fact that it'll probably blow everything else out of the water) But the Akai has me thinking about going portastudio over DAW again. It never ends.-lzb

I think it sounds like a great box. I can't get any info on the effects however, other than there are 4. I also looked briefly into the Yamaha and it has up to a 24bit 48k sampling rate... not quite as good as the 24 bit 96K of the Akai. I still have to hear it, but I think I may go with the Akai over the Roland VS 1880. I have posted a similar question, but no one answered.

Back