Akai DPS16i thoughts or comments from users

The DPS16 is a cool machine. You can analyze these things to death but the all-in-one recorders all have their strengths and weaknesses.

It's interface is one the the most logical, that's what sold me. It's easy to edit songs and the punch-in options work really well. It has a decent selection of effects, some are great and some are totally not usable. Overall I'm not blown away by the effects but it's nice to have them. The most difficult aspect for me was finding out what CD burners were compatible and what are the best ones to back up your song data too.

I'm pleased with my Akai. I wish it had inserts to patch in compressors and EQ's. That's a shortcoming that a lot of the machines have. The EQ section is really well implemented on the Akai.

Good luck

Thanks for the info Wide Awake your posting brings another issue to light. CDr's.

What model burner should I use if i buy the dps 16?

I haven't bought my burner yet. I'm still deciding which one to use. Akai has a list of compatible drives on their website. Many of the people on this site can tell you what they you are using.

I use my partners Sony CDR-W33 to burn CD's at the moment. I have a Sony Minidisc recorder I use all the time but I need to buy something that backs up song data too.

Back