Air Cooler

Fret

Can anyone recommend a personal space air cooler? I am look at the swamp cooler style coolers that run about $100. Has anyone tried these, good bad indifference?

used to live in Arizona

I think swamp coolers are only useful in extreme low humidity climates, not an expert though.

CO has pretty low humidity in the winter.

I would think one of those would be pretty noisy. Every one I've ever encountered was. Not very efficient, either.

I have a room that is about 12x15 give or take half a foot in either directions. Actually I have built a room within a room, double doors and walls. I have devised a duct, duct fan and a window fan to pull air out of the room and I also have a window fan ducted to either outside or a home air conditioner vent, depending on where I connect it, pulling air in. Keep in mind no windows just window fans mounted to the wall, double layers of wall (sheet rock, insulation full free standing walls – You get the idea). In case you’re curious the air actually vents between the studs in the wall. No holes pass directly through the walls without doing a couple of 90 degree turns.

Of course the times that I have the most problems are Spring and fall when the a/c isn’t running enough or the outside air isn’t cold enough to keep the studio cool. Just in general in this small of a room by the time I get the computer, the JCM800 and the lava lamps all running the room is pushing towards 80 degrees and I haven’t even started adding any people yet.

Of course noise is a factor hence the reason I ask on a recording forum. This room is mostly used as a practice room so some noise can be tolerated. I am wondering about efficiency. I understand that a $100 swamp cooler isn’t going to allow me to store meet but would it be helpful/comfortable?....

Someone else has had to have this same problem. Any other suggestions?

Back