Ahhh, back posting in the Cave

I see some Cave names and post-Cave names but a lot of people I donā€™t know yet. Havenā€™t been on in a hot minute but Iā€™ll try to blend in seamlessly with the new vibe in here because Iā€™m a chameleon whore like that.

Is it reminding you of the old days? I donā€™t know. Iā€™m the new kid only been here since 2011

This off topic forum was always a place for fun, creativity, and good people which it still seems to hold those values in what little (relatively) Iā€™ve been able to catch up on and thatā€™s what made the place fun.

There were some epic periods of animosity and hurt feelings and anarchy that hard to describe in proper context and were hilariously fun as hell, but a nightmare to moderate from what started out in early interweb days as a simple home recording enthusiast site. Some of the antics are some of the best Iā€™ve ever known. Sillybee was banned for not following rules and discovered a name generator and plastered the site with new threads from his automatically generated user accounts which wreaked havoc. Not many people knew about those and it was funny as hell to watch happen. EZ Willis pushed the Admins to the limit and finally started a new BBS Audio and Anarchy which a lot of us joined but it was more like a private club using the dedicated Prime Time/Cave forum. There were knowledge forums of course and great info like here but most of us went there because moderation here got too constrictingā€¦.new ownership, new direction, new tolerance levels here and understandable

Reactions: RFR
First live streaming of jam fest was epic and at the time early 2000ā€™s not an easy feat but it happened and was cool for those of us who werenā€™t there attending:

Most of The Cave threads and antics were rumored to be permanently wiped clean off the slate which is a shame because there was a lot of comedy in those that would be fun to read as locked threads. But itā€™s really good to see the non-Cave forums unaffected and still there for musicians and home/pro recording enthusiasts. A lot of accumulated knowledge in those forums šŸ‘

Reactions: TAE
Not since Iā€™ve been around

I suppose they could happen just as easy remotely today with tech improvements, The beauty was musicians getting together all over the country and meeting/jamming/hanging live from only avatars and user names. It would lack the in-person component but would be cool if the site set up something like this where everyone was on live at once like a conference call and then give members a chance to say ā€œhey, who knows this song?ā€ and then limit the live screen to the members who are playing it. Signup sheets for tunes or open impromptu jams , etc/ Different than a live gathering but may still be cool.

Reactions: TAE
Start it out with one live member on screen at a time and a quick introduction of name and user name so everyone sees everyone else one at a time in the roll call.

Admin is probably thinking ā€œthatā€™s a lot of fukking work, we need to shut this thread down asapā€ lol

IDK, just an ideas Still happy to be back on here for a bit and say hi

I wonā€™t be participating. Too ugly.

But itā€™s a great idea. Lockdowns kind of forced that type of collaboration. Iā€™ve seen some great works.

However, Iā€™d prefer in person any day. In person every one is ugly. ;laughing:

Yep the Cave was an awesome little place and space in time that will never be again...It is a shame that they completely removed it and all it's contents....There was a shit ton of comedy, drama, mass stupidity and every now and then a true nugget of wisdom that came from it. The comradery the evolved into some of us actually meeting up from all over the world was very cool. The cast of characters that came and went through the doors of the cave was Emmy and Grammy worthy fo sho. Glad I got to be a part of it.

The cast of characters that came and went through the doors of the cave was Emmy and Grammy worthy fo sho. Glad I got to be a part of it.

Same here. Walters was one of the funniest aliases. Myhatbroke (and his whole pseudo band) was great too šŸ˜‚

Back