Agile Guitars

audiogeography

Hello. A friend and I were recently having a discussion regarding Agile guitars. The neck on his Gibson SG recently snapped off after an accident in his bands rehearsal space, and he said that he was thinking about picking up an Agile Les Paul Copy. Does anyone have any experience / knowledge regarding these guitars, as far as their authenticity to the original design?

I absolutely love mine.

I've only played Gibson's in stores, I've played tons of Epiphones of all levels, and my Agile beats everything I've touched.

The neck and fretwork is definitely a highlight of the workmanship. The paint job on mine is fantastic. The pickups are pretty good, but some of the electronics may need to be swapped out to contend with Gibson parts.

The service and price is absolutely astounding. I really can't say enough for Agile.

if he doesn't like it, he can always send it back no problem. It's worth it even just to try.

Adam

Hello. A friend and I were recently having a discussion regarding Agile guitars. The neck on his Gibson SG recently snapped off after an accident in his bands rehearsal space, and he said that he was thinking about picking up an Agile Les Paul Copy. Does anyone have any experience / knowledge regarding these guitars, as far as their authenticity to the original design?
There's lot's of guitars out there that are real decent for under $600. I've not played an Agile yet, but Shecter, the value line PRS guitars, and some others, are real nice.

Bluez

The only bad thing I've heard about Agiles are the electronics. And you probably want to pick out your own pickups for that anyway. I've heard the workmanship is fantastic. Also, check out Orville guitars. They're the Gibsons that were made for Japan. You can find them used for under $700 and they're also amazing guitars. I've played several Orvilles and can definitely say they're as good and sometimes better than their US twin.

oh ya one other thing.

My Agile LP is easily the heaviest guitar I've ever held. Keep that in mind if you're on the smaller side or play live every night and/or jump/move around alot of stage.

It's worth it for the tone though.;)

Adam

also check out the xaviere les paul copies over at www.guitarfetish.com. i got the thinline xv-700 and it plays very well.

If you can get over the rediculously ugly headstock.

Agiles are fantastic guitars. Kurt is an incredibly nice guy too, so if you have any problems chances are he'll let you return it with a full refund. The necks replicate a Les Paul perfectly, so if you find actual Les Pauls comfortable, you'll be fine with the Agile. The pickups sound like 57's on the 3000/3100 series (IMO), I wouldn't recommend going any lower than that. I can't say enough good things about Agile though, even the SX line is an incredible value.

Does the PRS copy do as well as the Gibson copies? Obviously, I don't expect them to play like an actual PRS, but are they well made, too?

Does the PRS copy do as well as the Gibson copies? Obviously, I don't expect them to play like an actual PRS, but are they well made, too?

The PRS value line guitars are ACTUAL PRS guitars, and yes, they do play well. The 3 I've tried, including one that now own, the SE Paul Allender model, played as nicely as my friend's $3k Santana model. A few month's back, Guitar Player magazine reviewed a bunch of guitars in the $500-$600 price range. Ye can probably lookup the article at their website.

I purchased one of the early Agile LP copies before they changed the horn. Although it's a great bang for the buck, I still prefer Gibson over Agile insofar as build quality, hardware and pickups are concerned.

I purchased one of the early Agile LP copies before they changed the horn. Although it's a great bang for the buck, I still prefer Gibson over Agile insofar as build quality, hardware and pickups are concerned.

you really can't compare them to gibsons period. agile are great guitars. gibsons are unbelievably great guitars. it would be much more fair to compare agiles to the higher end epiphones.

If I'm reading correctly, this post is asking how Agile's PRS style guitars compare Agile's Les Paul style guitars.

I'm considering an Agile PRS style guitar as well, and would love to know if anyone has any experience with them.

Thanks!

oops..... my bad....

Now ye guys got me interested in checking an Agile out.. I hope the wife doesn't mind me buying another guitar.

Yes, I did mean are the Agile "PRS's" as good as the Agile LP's. Sorry for the mix up. I need to learn to be a little clearer than mud.

I play an Agile AL-2000 Black Beauty and love it. In the 70's I had a Gibson LP Black Custom (w/Gold Hardware) and when I got the Agile it felt "RIGHT". I recommend them highly - you won't be disappointed. And mine is stock too. Also check out our forums @
http://www.agileguitarforum.com/

Lots of Agile Lovers and WE OWN THEM.

The hardware on Agile guitars is junk. Pickups aren't anything to write home about, either. Build quality is sometimes hit-or-miss. Check out the the Electric Guitars section of the forums at Harmony Central. You'll see mostly praise because they are decent guitars for the money, but you'll also see a fair amount of "WTF?" type threads where somebody bought an Agile and received an unplayable piece of crap.

To be honest, Epiphone build quality is better than both Agile and Gibson these days. They have better hardware, fretwork and detail (binding, etc) than the Agile's and are more consistent in build quality than Gibson. They cost more than an Agile, but then, you get what you pay for. Epi's used to be crap 10 to 15 years ago. They've come a long way since then to become one of the best guitar values on the market today.

you really can't compare them to gibsons period. agile are great guitars. gibsons are unbelievably great guitars. it would be much more fair to compare agiles to the higher end epiphones.

Agreed.

The early Agile I purchased was definately on par with the Epi LPs and was also less inexpensive, at under $250, making it one of the best values in an LP copy that I've seen.

The hardware on Agile guitars is junk. Pickups aren't anything to write home about, either. Build quality is sometimes hit-or-miss. Check out the the Electric Guitars section of the forums at Harmony Central. You'll see mostly praise because they are decent guitars for the money, but you'll also see a fair amount of "WTF?" type threads where somebody bought an Agile and received an unplayable piece of crap.

To be honest, Epiphone build quality is better than both Agile and Gibson these days. They have better hardware, fretwork and detail (binding, etc) than the Agile's and are more consistent in build quality than Gibson. They cost more than an Agile, but then, you get what you pay for. Epi's used to be crap 10 to 15 years ago. They've come a long way since then to become one of the best guitar values on the market today.

I disagree with almost everything you say. Do you own an Agile cause if you don't you're really spouting some crap.

I've owned quite a few Agiles including the PS970?? PRS knockoff.. The best one was my AL3000P.. Excellent guitar.. Just couldn't deal with the Gumby headstock..

"The hardware on Agile guitars is junk. Pickups aren't anything to write home about, either."

That couldn't be further from the truth.. Maybe not top of the line.. But certainly NOT junk..

As far as comparison of Agile's PRS clones vs their LP clones? The AL3K I had was definitely a cut above the PS970 I owned. The PS970 had a floyd tho so it's not a completely fair comparison..

To be honest, Epiphone build quality is better than both Agile and Gibson these days.

While Epi quality is much better than it was 10 years ago, it's still not in the league of a Gibson Standard, with the exception of the Epi Elite. I've owned several Agiles and ended up keeping one of the first production models, which I think is a 2500. It's one of the nicest LP copies I've played and pretty much smokes any Epi I've played.

Last edited:
Back