Again some beginner question about recording...

Hallatar

When I'm recording electric guitar with soundforge everything is fine, but when I open Gigastudio sound is distorted and it is clipping. I really need to open gigastudio and Logic Audio to get the right beat.

Can U help me? What should I do?

I have:

1000Mhz
512 Mt ram
Audiophile 2496
V-amp2
Audio Buddy
Gigastudio 96
Soundforge 5
Logic Audio Platinium 5.1

Multiclient mode should be on and I've tried different DMA buffer sizes. Clipping still remains. Line H/W in is clean but Mixer is distortered...

It sounds like Gigastudio may not be able to open the file correctly. If you open a file in a different bit or sample rate than the software is expecting it can sound distorted or slow/sped up.

What type of file are you saving in sound forge?

TexRoadkill said:
It sounds like Gigastudio may not be able to open the file correctly. If you open a file in a different bit or sample rate than the software is expecting it can sound distorted or slow/sped up.
I've locked the samplerate and all aps are using same rate. I Don't know if the bitrate is my problem. Logic is using 24bit but I don't know how to change it in gigastudio. Any thoughts?!?

What type of file are you saving in sound forge?
I'm not sure what U mean about that. I record 24bit 88.2Khz and save it in wav format.

Ok I noticed that my post was little vague. I don't open any files in gigastudio. When I'm recording and gs is on then the clipping occurs. It somehow uses the same drivers or something.

I hope you understand my bad english :)

Back