African inspired tune - feedback please

This is very well done, everything is played great. That's quite a groove you have going there starting at 1:10, I wish that was longer....you should have let that roll.

Real drums?

So............gaylord

Whats the setup here??
Do you play guitar or is it samples?
It's getting harder to tell. I'm going to hazard a guess that the guitars are real...................
I like your drum sound and the bass is nice and round and full.
A real world-beat you got going there.
Nice work

Thanks a lot guys. I played the guitars and bass. The drums are from the Backbeat (Spectrasonics) sample CD. It's got "groove control" which is midi files that you can pull into your sequencer and match tempo, change patterns etc. They're pretty cool. Nicely recorded.

I use Logic Audio Platinum 6.3, Mac G4, Les Paul Custom, J30 Gibson acoustic, US Strat, POD XT, MusicMan amp, Sampletank XL.

I warmed it up with T-racks Mastering software.

Thanks for listening!

-Aaron.

Very slick, nice sounds, very full and begging for a vocal, IMHO. I'm singing in my head to this and making up all kinds of stuff....

Oh yeah - shades of Graceland.

Great vibe - awesome performance.

Yeah I can hear Paul out there somewhere readying his lawyers :)

Nice job on the production. I like the soundscape a lot. You are getting some clean results with the PodXT....

Noice!

:) Q.

DAYUM ! ... kewl ...

I can hear some Paul Simon in here ... ooooo, nice string pad entrance ... Graceland.

Ahhhh, I love this. This is kitchen dancing music !

Killer guitar riffing, great mix.

Got a bit of Espaniola in it too, but I really do hear the Africa thing.

That's a LOT of music for 2:25, and it's never cluttered ... very, very nice. A keeper !

Ahh gracias amigos. That's a strat, Les Paul custom and J30 acoustic. I was pretty happy with the clean tones I got from the POD. Not bad at all.

Thanks for listening.

My thoughts- very "clean" sounding, I liked the reverb and a very optimistic "good vibe" feeling to the whole tune. Nicely done.
el jordo

I was going for a world beat type thing which I guess often comes out sounding rather happy. Now I'm going to go work on some death metal.

Thanks again!

Back