Affordable Monitor Speakers

Barry Kinslow

I have posted several messages to this messageboard, but have only received one reply. Am I wrong in thinking that the whole idea of posting messages is for us all to help each other, and not just to suck other people's brains without ever putting something back into the music world?

The Zoom 1044 Mk.II recorder is a good buy at £500. The Behringer B2 condenser mike @ £129 is a real investment. But what I need now is a pair of affordable (£100 tp £200) monitor speakers, and a pair of enclosed headphones. Who can give me sound advice (forgive the pun)?

If you want to talk Zoom 1044 email me direct.

Bazza.

Barry,

It's difficult to make suggestions when I don't live in the UK and don't have ready access to UK pricing.

If you have a shortlist of monitors that fall into your price range, then post that list here and ask for opinions on those specific speakers.

Just my humble suggestion............

:cool:

Are you looking for something that will translate your mix properly or just cheap monitors as if its the latter you can take a stab at any amount of monitors but what you will find out much later on is you would have been better of saving a little more and getting the real deal i myself have mackie hr824,s and i have to say for the money these were the best choice for me i dont feel what i spent was too much as in the long run i may have had to sell the cheaper set i bought becuase i didnt plan properly to start with

Id take a look at them in this order mackie hr824,s, event 20/20 bas i think thats the model they talk about in here and maybe the yorkville ysmp monitors and when listening to them/auditioning them listen to them in the reverse order iam sure you will then find what you seek :)

at the end of the day your ears know best balanced with what your pocket tells you

I picked up the M-Audio SP-5b's a week or so ago. I wanted to check them out, as I need a small monitor do to a space issue and they were cheap (comparatively speaking). Actually for what I am doing I think they will work just fine. They don't have a ton of low end obviously, but so far the mixes I have had time to fiddle with have come out pretty nice on the average system. They run about 299.00 here in the USA. Nice and small. Loud as hell too.

P.S. Do a search of this site. There are a million and one suggestions. Also, you won't get many responses if there is a question that is pretty much played out and has been answered many times. People would rather have you search so that what has already been posted does not have to be regurgitated. Good luck.

Fangar

Hafler M5's

They are not powered, so you will need an Amp.

go to http://www.musiciansfriend.com there they have a good package deal for the Monitors plus the Amp for around $380 USD

Dunno if that helps being you are in UK, but maybe they have the same monitors out there for a good deal. I hear they are good in quality, they are small, and reasonably priced.

hope you the best.

Thanks to all you guys who replied to my message about affordable monitors - my little outburst got a result! I shall certainly look into your suggestions. Well done, as we say over here in England!

Kind regards,
Barry.

Barry Kinslow said:
Thanks to all you guys who replied to my message about affordable monitors - my little outburst got a result! I shall certainly look into your suggestions. Well done, as we say over here in England!

Kind regards,
Barry.

Actually Barry... The outburst almost caused me not to reply. However, I hope you got some advice that you were are looking for. And again, next time attempt a search of the BBS first. That may save you some heartache.

Cheers!

Fangar

The "Search" function was supposedly disabled while the updated software and servers were upgraded.........

ausrock said:
The "Search" function was supposedly disabled while the updated software and servers were upgraded.........

You're Right Aus, but they have been back up for some time now.

Fangar

Back