AEA & Gefell

Bowisc

Got my R84 today. Great sound, and I don't even have my Rosetta 800 running yet. I may get a second R84; it's so sweet. Gotta have a pair for Blumlein!

The Gefell M930 comes in tomorrow! Been wanting this mic for a while now. I'll post some clips once my I finish revamping my setup.

:)

Congrats! The R84 is one of those purchases that makes a big difference in what you can do sonically.

War

Bowisc said:
Got my R84 today. Great sound, and I don't even have my Rosetta 800 running yet. I may get a second R84; it's so sweet. Gotta have a pair for Blumlein!

The Gefell M930 comes in tomorrow! Been wanting this mic for a while now. I'll post some clips once my I finish revamping my setup.

:)

Welcome to the Gefell club.

Wow jackpot dude! I've been looking at the 84 for awhile, been getting other stuff instead. Does the gefell equate to any other condensers as far as peaks and valleys?

Thanks guys.

I really gotta thank my wife who's been 1000% supportive. Also thanks to 'Big Blue' who gave me a decent severence package back in June. Also thanks to God who gives us the desires of our heart.

I haven't had a chance to sit with these mics for too long. I'm waiting for my cables for the Rosetta/Folcrom, which are coming in on Tuesday.

Preamps are:
Great River MP-2NV
Sebatron vmp4000e
RNP
John Hardy M1 2 ch. (should be here in a week)

I'm really thinking of getting another 930, so I can have the pair. But then I used a Schoeps CM6 yesterday. Wow.

Bowisc said:
Thanks guys.

I really gotta thank my wife who's been 1000% supportive. Also thanks to 'Big Blue' who gave me a decent severence package back in June. Also thanks to God who gives us the desires of our heart.

Bowisc, I didn't know about the job change. Are you going to take Sonrisen on full time? Get a facility?

Hope all is well with the change.

War

Warhead said:
Bowisc, I didn't know about the job change. Are you going to take Sonrisen on full time? Get a facility?

Hope all is well with the change.

War

They were really great about it and I knew it was coming months in advance.
Full-time: Nah, probably not for now. But I hope to get a gig at a studio in mid-town real soon.

Congrats on your geary acquisitions! I own an M930 for a while and luv it! (except on my tenor sax, where I prefer a SDC)

Took the '84 for a test drive today.
Nice addition.

r84ri.JPG

Back