Advice wanted on equipment purchase

Thanks. I will admit to only skimming thru a few of those but mostly Gloriana! There was the guy with driver trouble I suspect he has computer issues?

I have used my KA6 in XP, XP Pro, Win 7 Home 64bit, even Vista Business and nary a glitch. As I said, a guy at SoS bought one (loaned him mine for a month) and loves it running in Linux.

Yes, I knew about the low phantom power current capability but! Since no AI mnfctrs TELLS you this specc' and reviewers NEVER test for it HTF do we know the spook juice capability of any AI? All I know is the KA6 runs my two AKG P 150s fine and my Sontronics STC-2.

Phantom thirsty mics tend to be expensive so their owners can afford a 30 quid spook juice box!

There is only SO much you can do with the 2.5 watts from USB 2.0 and I think the KA6 has got the compromise dead right.

As for USB 3.0 capability? I am sure I have run mine on a 3.0 port? Will test for that when I can.

Dave.

Thanks. I will admit to only skimming thru a few of those but mostly Gloriana! There was the guy with driver trouble I suspect he has computer issues?

I have used my KA6 in XP, XP Pro, Win 7 Home 64bit, even Vista Business and nary a glitch. As I said, a guy at SoS bought one (loaned him mine for a month) and loves it running in Linux.

Yes, I knew about the low phantom power current capability but! Since no AI mnfctrs TELLS you this specc' and reviewers NEVER test for it HTF do we know the spook juice capability of any AI? All I know is the KA6 runs my two AKG P 150s fine and my Sontronics STC-2.

Phantom thirsty mics tend to be expensive so their owners can afford a 30 quid spook juice box!

There is only SO much you can do with the 2.5 watts from USB 2.0 and I think the KA6 has got the compromise dead right.

As for USB 3.0 capability? I am sure I have run mine on a 3.0 port? Will test for that when I can.

Dave.

tnx again, you are really helfull. But what about the fact you cant use all the MIDI inputs? I thik i saw in a review that only two of them work

tnx again, you are really helfull. But what about the fact you cant use all the MIDI inputs? I thik i saw in a review that only two of them work

Confuzed! There is only one MIDI input! If you mean the user could not access all 16 MIDI channels then I think that will be a function of HIS software? I confess I don't know enough about the inner workings of MIDI to say, other than the amount of bandwidth needed to carry 16 MIDIs in and out was well within the capability of USB 1.1 interfaces, cannot see the KA6 failing there?

Like the guy with driver problems, not all interfaces will work perfectly with all and everybodie's computer/DAW...Twas ever thus.

(MIDI experts. Can I test the KA6 for MIDI channels? Trouble is I only have two MIDI DIN sources. The Evo 49 controller and V old Yamaha PSS 790!)

Dave.

Confuzed! There is only one MIDI input! If you mean the user could not access all 16 MIDI channels then I think that will be a function of HIS software? I confess I don't know enough about the inner workings of MIDI to say, other than the amount of bandwidth needed to carry 16 MIDIs in and out was well within the capability of USB 1.1 interfaces, cannot see the KA6 failing there?

Like the guy with driver problems, not all interfaces will work perfectly with all and everybodie's computer/DAW...Twas ever thus.

(MIDI experts. Can I test the KA6 for MIDI channels? Trouble is I only have two MIDI DIN sources. The Evo 49 controller and V old Yamaha PSS 790!)

Dave.

You are right my bad, anyway you are really helpful I will consider the A6 and tell you my opinion about it if I will buy it.i downloaded cubase and I will play around with it to see how it works.

Back