Advice on Drum Machine

jwai

Hi everyone,

i intend to get a drum machine for personal recording. i'm without a band and i am a guitarist. i'm looking at a drum machine which is user friendly enough for a guitarist with bass backing function. i usually lay down all my tracks on a computer. any good drum machine that anyone can recommend? i was looking into the zoom rt-323 and boss dr670, both which comes with bass backing function. which one is better? or is there other which are good as well? thanks guys!

sorry i cant help you with drum machines but i may offer some advice...if you are a guitarist, you should be able to pull off some basic bass lines on a bass...find you a cheap bass ~ $150, there are some decent ones...it will go a long way in helping out to legitimize your fake drums.....

then, Id get Fruity Loops software and some decent samples....theres lots of good free ones floating around this BBS.......

youll be in business.....

(sorry i went way off track)

Drum machine

Hey i have a pristine DR770 which is a step above the unit you mentioned by Roland. I have the manual, and again it is in flawless condition. I don't use it. But as far as drum machines go it riegns supreme. I am asking 200 for it. It is 350 brand new, and like i said it is perfect condition.

Hi,

does the the dr-770 offers bass backing as well? i was trying to get an bass-n-drum drum machine unit. thanks.

Back