Advice for singing

wanttomix

I posted in another section and was told i'm way to breathy when i sing so i tried to fix it and will continue to do so because i now hear it when i look for it. i was to concentrated on so many other factors like texture, tone ect... that i missed the fact i sound like i have asthma. was was hoping some of you would give your opinions on my singing and tell me what you think. please let me know of any tricks or things i could do to improve on my singing. I have better "performances" than this, i just wanted something fresh. i sang the first take normal and then the second take i try and not sound so breathy. the breathy take i did in one recording the second recording i did like 15 takes on... Thank you View attachment broken knees f.mp3

Hi!
I didn't listen to your recording because I have to download it - I prefer when it's uploaded on Soundcloud or Youtube.
Anyway, I have tips for you on your breathy voice!
As a vocal coach, I think that working on the breathing technique is the most important thing to do for every singer. A lot of problems come from bad breathing habits. I suggest you to make a lot of abdominal breathing exercises before you sing, and be aware of your body while you do them. Then, when you warm up your voice, never forget every feeling you had and reproduce them. Your body will ''record'' the good breathing technique/support/control you are setting and it will help a lot in your songs AND for your breathy voice.
You can visit my website for any other advice :-) The Zen Singing

Back