Adventures In Cheese

queepy

aka Variaxman
Was messing around on my Bass the other day with some drum loops, and came up with this cheesy groove that I thought would be perfect for a faux jazz type thing....so a couple of guitar tracks and xtra cheesy percussion loops later, I came up with this....there is a lot going on and my ears are a bit burned on it, so was hoping to get a little feedback....its quite a bit diffrent from my recent stuff , so should be a good exercise for me to try and polish the turd as bright as I can get it :thumbs up:
Link:
MP3 Player SoundClick

It's pretty cool. I can't really hear the bass all that well though. The guitars are eating it like a main course. Good use of space and depth though.

And the whole thing is pretty heavy on the high ends.

yeah - a bit too bright overall for a faux jazz thnig - when the solo comes in thing mellow a bit more but that rhythm guitar at the beginning is very bright.
Nice noodle - I saw Jeff beck with jan Hammer in the 80's the vibes was similar though they used a lots of guitarish sounding keyboards.

It's pretty cool. I can't really hear the bass all that well though. The guitars are eating it like a main course. Good use of space and depth though.

And the whole thing is pretty heavy on the high ends.

Thanks for the feedback Shan, agree about the guitars killin evreything in the mix.....tried to address that in my new mix ....thanks for listening!

yeah - a bit too bright overall for a faux jazz thnig - when the solo comes in thing mellow a bit more but that rhythm guitar at the beginning is very bright.
Nice noodle - I saw Jeff beck with jan Hammer in the 80's the vibes was similar though they used a lots of guitarish sounding keyboards.

Yup, that rhythm guitar is on the verge of ice picke eh? Its my strat using middle pick-up...thats a tough one for me to get a good tone sometimes....Saw Jeff Beck on "There And Back" tour early 80's ..was awesome, although my fav era of Jeff Beck was Rough And Ready era band.....thanks as always for the feedback Ray!

Here is a new mix, tried to tame the rhythm guitar levels and tone.....also brought the bass guitar up a little in the mix...top of thread plays old mix.
New Mix here:
MP3 Player SoundClick

Here is a new mix, tried to tame the rhythm guitar levels and tone.....also brought the bass guitar up a little in the mix...top of thread plays old mix.
New Mix here:
MP3 Player SoundClick

Sounds much better. I can hear the bass much better and its sounds alot more interesting.

I can turn it up a little louder with our breaking the crystal!

Sounds much better. I can hear the bass much better and its sounds alot more interesting.

I can turn it up a little louder with our breaking the crystal!

Ha! Thanks man, yeah that was the true definition of ice -pick tone ...thanks for the re-listen, been busy but hope to work on this a little more ...

I'm listening on cans right now, but they're pretty trustworthy to me. I think the mix is pretty balanced. I think I'd like a little more bass gtr. Just a little bit. Guitar tones are pretty nice. Nice lead. I don't like the little percussion thing. I don't know what it's called, but it looks like a giant ribbed dildo and you rub it with a stick to make a scratchy clickity-clack sound? What's that thing called? Yeah that, I don't like it. It sounds like static in the mix. Other than that, pretty nice.

It's a "Güiro". I think he also played 3rd base for the Indians. :eek:

Queepy, your stuff is always original, weird and interesting. We need more people like you. :cool:

I'm listening on cans right now, but they're pretty trustworthy to me. I think the mix is pretty balanced. I think I'd like a little more bass gtr. Just a little bit. Guitar tones are pretty nice. Nice lead. I don't like the little percussion thing. I don't know what it's called, but it looks like a giant ribbed dildo and you rub it with a stick to make a scratchy clickity-clack sound? What's that thing called? Yeah that, I don't like it. It sounds like static in the mix. Other than that, pretty nice.

Ha...."giant ribbed dildo" you rub with a stick....I see a future song title in that.....was thinking of replacing the guiro part witth a egg shaker...will see....thanks for checking it, will try the bass guitar up a bit....

It's a "Güiro". I think he also played 3rd base for the Indians. :eek:

Queepy, your stuff is always original, weird and interesting. We need more people like you. :cool:

Thanks Rami, just play what I feel.....as long as I entertain myself, have fun and a few other people like it, I conisder it a succsess

Very nice tune. Groovy Jazzy/Blues vibe going on and very chilled out. I would agree with Greg and like a little more bass in the track, just a touch. It's there but I think with a little more bottom end it'll really push the tune that bit further.

Very nice job :thumbs up:

Very cool, It just kinda gets stuck in your head after a bit. Nice work!

Hey thanks man, it is kinda catchy ...been stuck in my head for a while...just now gettting it out!
Thanks for checking it out!

Last edited:
Back