Adobe Audition

sikter

Hello everybody!
Haven't visit this part of the board lately. There are maybe years since my last post.
Just wanted to say hello and let you know that I still use Adobe Audition as my main
recording/mixing software.
Since I'm making music videos as well I use another great Adobe software, Premiere Pro CS4.
I have to admit that I use Cubase for any of my work that includes MIDI, but when midi track is done I export it and reuse it in my Audition session.

My special regards to Dobro

sikter

Wow, I've never had special regards before. Shock. Hi, Sikter. :-) I use Reaper for MIDI. I'm looking at something simpler for video. And I still use FL Studio too. It was the closest I ever came to getting into beats.

Not that I do much midi these days but I used to use Cubase for midi but like Dobro I now use Reaper.
While I have Premier I prefer to use Vegas for video - much simpler and still just as good results for what I do

I'm gonna take a chance that what I want to do with video can be handled by Power Director. It's sitting on my desktop. All I have to do is unleash it for a month to find out. Audition's trying to nudge up to video bigtime too, so we're going to see what Audition can do with something other than Premiere or Elements.

I have to admit I started with Cool Edit by an accident, Adobe bought it and after a while it was Adobe all the way. My signature will link you to my soundclick page. There are 4 of my videos there all done in Premiere. Like I said I started by accident and continued to use Adobe products.
I don't know if Adobe is better or worse than others but that's what I can use.
Regarding MIDI, hm, Audition is not good. I tried it and realized that editing was pain in the ass, software was unstable etc.

Many people don’t use MIDIs. That's OK. I was one of them for a long time but I remember that time by my frustration with drums tracks. I often do a bass track as well in Cubase and use those like backing tracks while I record my guitars in Audition.
I almost always replace that midi bass track with the real bass track since I play bass guitar too.
Today I can't imagine starting any project without making drum track in Cubase first.
I should probably do everything in Cubase but I think Audition is the right place to do mixing. I love that mixer in AA3,0

I often have a piano line in my songs. I record it as midi and borrow sounds from Akkoustik Piano VSTi. I love the sound. For other sounds I use Hypersonic VSTi.
My guitars are always real.

Last year I've got really good guitar amp. I did not start using it for my recordings because I don't keep it at home. I should really start using it because of its tube sound. It's a Marshall Vintae Modern.

See you!

Back