Adobe Audition

SilverSurfer

Anyone use this software? Tried it at a friends today. What a pain!

When editing the wav files you have to be excrutiatingly careful or you'll lose the whole wav.

You can't edit two or more waves together at the same time. (IE matching up background vocals)

Is this software even user friendly or is there a better way besides cakewalk?

The only thing I liked about it is that is REALLY does a great job with compressing.

if you want an alternative try what i use and love.
http://www.pgmusic.com/powertracks.htm
has a lot of features audition doesnt, particularly in the midi area.
audition is a fine program imho. but you have to be prepared to spend
a time in a learning curve. its like science and learning the intricacies of atomic particles. there is a learning curve, and if your not prepared to go through it , you wont get the full benefits.
if you want to build songs quickly try band in a box. just choose a style of music, enter chords to your song, and it will likkety split build a back up band in software. you can build a song in half an hour. demo it sometime.
the reason why biab is good for people new to recording is it comes with loads of songs/styles you can practice with and learn. this is why its used by lots of music teaching colleges etc. also you see rsong esults FAST.

Last edited:
If you're used to something like Cakewalk, Auditions multitrack view presents quite a steep learning curve. I'm afraid I don't think much of it either. The 2track editor on the other hand is very powerful, and I think it's worth the price for that alone.

actually jim , one of the reasons i like audition is it has what i call a lot of "forensic" type audio features. i also think they did a nice job of the multitrack view. but i think the sort of people who would get the most out of it are not folks new to recording who want quick song results , but very seasoned audio and forensic/mastering audio type engineers whove been round the block a million times and know how to use all its cool features properly.
as i'm a computer engineering tekkie i have a lot of respect for the software engineering that went into it. but to use it to proper effect, i reckon there is at least a 3 month learning curve AT LEAST to understand how to use all its great features including the very good signal analysis features.
in my opinion cool was a first rate programming job in summary, but more geared towards very experienced enngineers with a ton of experience
who understand the scientific side of audio in depth.

Back