Adobe Audition 5 for Mac missing multiple clipboard option?

theseus75

I'm using Adobe Audition 5 for Mac, but I've done training using Lynda.com's title for Audition 3. In it, one feature that caught my eye was the ability to use multiple clipboards - five all told, I think. Thus, you could paste in, say, different lengths of room tone depending on which clipboard you pasted from.

This features was under Edit -> Set Current Clipboard.

So, does this simply not exist for Audition 5? And this is not expressly for the Mac, I should say, as Audition 5 for PC also seems to lack this feature on first inspection.

Thanks for any help!

I didn't know that; thanks. It didn't feel rushed otherwise, but perhaps that's what kept the clipboard out. That said: it's about time for it to make its re-appearance. Hopefully that's the case. It wouldn't save me tone of time, but a lot.

Multiple clipboards are back in Audition CS6! You can download a free 30 day trial at the Adobe web site. Lots of other great stuff too, like CD Burning, support for Mackie and Eucon control surfaces, clip grouping, automatic and manual pitch correction tools, the ability to stretch multiple clips together...

Cs6

Thanks for the update. I'll check out CS6 for sure. Just having the ability to use multiple clipboards is worth the upgrade for what I do.

I didn't bother upgrading to CS5 due to various options I use a lot being missing--but CS6 is a very, very nice release. Most of the missing bits are back and there are also some nice new bits too. Highly recommended!

I'm rockin' CS6 right now, and I have to say: I don't really care about the other upgrades. Being able to use a multi-clipboard shaves valuable time off my editing. I am, however, interested if anyone's found a way to hotkey or shortcut the actual pasting for specific clipboards. Right now, you can shortcut "Paste" to anything you like, but it will only paste the clipboard you last selected. I'd love a way to, say, have clipboard 1 be pasted if I press "one" clipboard 2 if "two" etc. If I find a way, I'll add it to this thread.

Back