Adobe Audition 3 not working with my Alesis One MK2's?

Notebook.

I don't understand this.
I have a Lexicon Omega interface, Alesis Monitor One MK2's, and a Samson Servo 300. It's all connected correctly and they work fine. BUT, whenever I open up Adobe Audition 3... it gets all staticy and stuff? Can anyone explain to me why?

Can someone help me?

You'll need more patience than one hour's worth. If someone knows the answer, they'll post. It might be in the next few minutes or the next few days. If you don't see a reply in a week, then you can try a bump... but not an hour later.

The Lexicon comes with Cubase, have you tried that?? Do you have a legit copy of AA3?

Cheers,

and I actually haven't bothered with Cubase, because all of my mixing techniques are done on Audition.
But, yeah, it's legit. And it's like... as SOON as I open them up, my speakers start to crackle. It's so weird.

I say try Cubase to see if it happens there also. If so, it's a hardware problem, most likely.

Oh, I get it...it's a game. As you slowly feed us more details, our blind guessing will slowly improve. Does anyone else want to play? I'll go first.

Judging from your extremely vague description, my first guess is...the session sample rate is set too high for the hardware.

44,100 is correct for the Omega.

Does the static occur during playback or when you arm a track for record?

Also, like Chili said, you must determine if it is a hardware or software problem.

...and like RawDepth said, you really need to give a lot more info. what do you have connected? What have you tried to identify the source? etc...

pics?
screenshots?
sound clips?
etc?
anything?

44,100 is correct for the Omega.

Does the static occur during playback or when you arm a track for record?

Also, like Chili said, you must determine if it is a hardware or software problem.

It occurs as soon as I open up Audition. Like, as soon as I double-click it to open it while I'm listening to music or something, the static begins.

It occurs as soon as I open up Audition. Like, as soon as I double-click it to open it while I'm listening to music or something, the static begins.

Do you mean you are listening to music play from another program when you open AA3? If so, sometimes under certain conditions, two programs cannot make use of the same audio driver at the same time.

I have AA2 and if I open it up and try to play a song while another program (like media player) has a song playing or even paused, it will not work. Maybe it's a limitation of my interface or something. Maybe it cannot be controlled by two programs at once.

Back