ADK Hamburg

astoebe

I am looking for another cheaper vocal mic and I found a new ADK Hamburg on sale for 179$ (new). I've seen this mic recommended on this forum before, do you think that this is a good price and a good choice? My other choice would be an MXL V63. Thanks for the advice...

it's at www.fullcompass.com but don't buy them all before i get one please :)

edit: ps - you always have to call them for prices, but their prices are always low, especially when they are having sales. I think the vienna is on sale too.

you should'nt have done that............the vultures around here will eat those up quick. seriously, I'd edit your last post. :) sale info says they only have 1 left!

i was kind of worried for ya for a minute. :D

what other mics do you own? i'd be interested in knowing what you think of the hamburg after you've used it for awhile. i've heard alot of good things about it.

ok, so i've had the mic for a little while...i think i like it, although i couldn't really give a solid reason why. perhaps it seems a little smoother than my MXL's? As I said, I don't have an extensive mic collection, so I'm not sure my opinion will matter too much to you soooooo.....I've posted a link to a song that I did the vocals with the ADK on. There is not much EQ, i just rolled off the low end some. It is compressed some with reverb, delay, and a de-esser...not sure if this will help anyone, but i did promise to report back to everyone!

http://people.clemson.edu/~stoeber/portfolio/songs/songs.html song is "fly"

astoebe said:
I am looking for another cheaper vocal mic and I found a new ADK Hamburg on sale for 179$ (new).

They are out of stock there is a 20 day wait, and its also $199 not 179 when I called, did you tell them anything specific to get that much off? 199 is still an incredable deal this mic. They said that there prices are way under musicians freind, and the like. So thats a cool site. Thanks, I ordered a catalog.

nice!

astoebe said:
ok, so i've had the mic for a little while...i think i like it, although i couldn't really give a solid reason why. perhaps it seems a little smoother than my MXL's? As I said, I don't have an extensive mic collection, so I'm not sure my opinion will matter too much to you soooooo.....I've posted a link to a song that I did the vocals with the ADK on. There is not much EQ, i just rolled off the low end some. It is compressed some with reverb, delay, and a de-esser...not sure if this will help anyone, but i did promise to report back to everyone!

I listened to your song. It sounded real good.

Slowjett said:
They are out of stock there is a 20 day wait, and its also $199 not 179 when I called, did you tell them anything specific to get that much off? 199 is still an incredable deal this mic. They said that there prices are way under musicians freind, and the like. So thats a cool site. Thanks, I ordered a catalog.

no, they were on sale and they only had one left (i got the last one, this was a little while ago). i assume that they are not on sale anymore. and yes, it is a good site...

astoebe said:

Clemson! Howdy neighbor.

War

Back