Adjusting level for virtual tracks?

gypsyblues73

I imported a stereo wav file into my Neo (a drum track) and assigned it to 1/2. The level is waaay up there, far more than the "standard" -16db or so...so how do I adjust it down, since I can't just use the normal trim level? Even bringing the faders down super-low to where you can barely hear it, the track level on the LCD is still far too high.

As long as it's not clipping, I would just turn it down. It can't be THAT loud, unless it's clipping, in which case you probably wouldn't want to use the track anyway.

If you feel you really need to get the level of the actual wave file lower, just bounce it from tracks 1/2 to track 3/4 (or any other pair), while turning down the faders on tracks 1/2. You now have a lower track on 3/4. You could leave it there, or clean out 1/2 and paste 3/4 to 1/2.

It's right on the verge of clipping. I think I'll just try doing the bounce since I'm a total newb at it anyway and have never done it. Not sure why it came out that way, it's just a drum track I did in Guitar Pro until I can get some better drum sounds (maybe EZDrummer or something). Thanks!

Back