Adding Other Instruments

Aggie_Cowboy007

I am using a demo version of N-track studio. I have been messing around with the program and have recorded a few things with my acoustic guitar.
I am solo on this so is there anyway that I could get a plug-in or something to add other intruments? For example, drums, electric guitar, bass...etc...

Any help would be great!

i don't know about a plugin.........but with a program like frooty loops you can program drum and bass tracks.....there are some drum machine type software programs that you can look into..........acid by sonic foundry is good for loops and samples........

are you looking for a way to add another track of audio? or are you looking for things such as programs or plug-ins to CREATE the other instruments?

Aggie_Cowboy007 said:
....I am solo on this so is there anyway that I could get a plug-in or something to add other intruments? For example, drums, electric guitar, bass...etc....

Your question is unclear.

You will need to re-phrase the question.

Let us know exactly what you want to accomplish. ;)

Sorry, I should have been more clear.
I want to know if you can add or program new tracks that contain instruments I do not have.
Cuz I can sing along with my acoustic guitar all day, but with just that a song isn't complete. I would like to add drums in the backround and other instruments if possible.
I hope this clears that up. Let me know if it doesn't.

You will have to have some other software to create the drum tracks and other instruments you want, just like powder finger said something like Fruty loops or Acid

alright thanks. where do i go to get the software fruty loops or acid?
And using this software, will i be able to add it as a track in n-track?

you can probably download demo versions of both.......with acid, you can do loops and all, and record, you wouldn't need n-track.......frooty loops is more like a midi sequencer than for loops......loops are quicker and easier, but less versitile

if you want to stick with n-track your best bet would be fruityloops. fruityloops is basically a step sequencer that allows you to program with .wav samples (which are easily found, or made). now, I don't know about n-track's vst features...but there are also VST instruments (plug-ins) that you can use with a midi keyboard to create loads of different sounds/instruments. fruityloops 3.0+ has a VST wrapper, which allows you use these same instruments, and control it with the step sequencer, it takes more time than playing a keyboard, but you can do a lot with it. with fruityloops you can export a single pattern as a wav loop to dump into n-track and mix together with your acoustic guitar and vox. if you decide to do this, I would sugjest acid rather than n-track, as fruityloops and acid work well together. and acid is extremly intuitive and easy to use.

P.S. in my opinion you should get acid and fruityloops and MAKE your own loops. it's way more creative and fun than using other people's work.

I have downloaded Acid Pro 4.0 from a file sharing program. This program seems great for creating loops!
Though, this program is different from n-track. Can this program still support multi-track recording?
Will this program work just as well for recording, editing, and mixing vocal and guitar tracks?

Aggie_Cowboy007 said:

1. I have downloaded Acid Pro 4.0 from a file sharing program.

2. This program seems great for creating loops!

3. .....Can this program still support multi-track recording?

4. Will this program work just as well for recording, editing, and mixing vocal and guitar tracks?

1. Tsk, tsk. :(

2. Yes, it is.... :)

3. Yes. But I would suggest using a different program for multi-track recording. If you want to stay with Sonic Foundry products, look into Vegas Video for your multi-recording (even though you can do it in Acid).

4. Once again, yes. You will need an editor though. I would suggest Sound Forge 6.0 (which is also a Sonic Foundry product).

http//www.sonicfoundry.com

Aggie_Cowboy007 said:
Can this program still support multi-track recording?
Will this program work just as well for recording, editing, and mixing vocal and guitar tracks?

Aggie_Cowboy,

Go check out the song I posted in the mp3 clinic. If the following link doesn't work, just go to the mp3 clinic and find a thread called 'Alright with Me'

http://www.homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?threadid=65623&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

This will give you a modest idea of what can be done w/ SF Acid. The entire song was done using acid. All recording, loops, etc. I usually use Sonar but used Acid for this project and it turned out fine. Check it out...........

Back