Adding drum and bass tracks

sharonclowe

Here's another song I did with my daughter (just a fun little man-hatin' song :p :D) ....it was our very first time being recorded (a friend of mine brought his equipment to her apartment and set up in her living room). Does anyone want to try adding bass or drums? I don't know if that's even possible with this dropbox link or do I need to email you the actual song?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13390899/03 No More.m4a

BTW, do you take turns on the lead vocal?

Re the guitar: just whack it a bit more and call any duff notes intentional. :)

Becca does most of the lead vocals...she's practically tone deaf when it comes to trying to harmonize, so I just wait until she's learned her part and then I try adding a little harmony. I don't think we sound anything alike, but FYI...she's singing the 2nd & 3rd verses...I'm the puny voice on the first verse. :o

Here's another song I did with my daughter (just a fun little man-hatin' song :p :D) ....it was our very first time being recorded (a friend of mine brought his equipment to her apartment and set up in her living room). Does anyone want to try adding bass or drums? I don't know if that's even possible with this dropbox link or do I need to email you the actual song?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13390899/03 No More.m4a

Did you record using a click track?? Drummers need to know the BPM and wavering tempos make it impossible to add tracks with any success....

Did you record using a click track?? Drummers need to know the BPM and wavering tempos make it impossible to add tracks with any success....

Hi Ido...unfortunately, no I didn't use a click track. Since this was my very first time trying to be recorded, it was too much for me to try and get used to that all at once. Since then I've made some progress in being able to stand having the clicking sound in my head...but I still hate it (very distracting to me). Sadly...my sense of rhythm is equivalent to that of a drunken sailor in the midst of a seizure.

Not a bad tune. I think you both have nice voices. Keep 'em coming.

thanks Trump :D

Not too bad. The guitars are unnatural and direct sounding. Mic those puppies.

Hi Greg...OK...I just spent the past 20 minutes looking up the definition of "direct" sound :cool: so just in case there are even more pitiful noobs than me (I know...highly unlikely!) who might be reading this....

Direct Sound - The sound which reaches a microphone or listener without hitting or bouncing off any obstacles.

Anyway, I can't really remember how he had my guitar mic'd that day. Seems like there was one in front near the sound hole and maybe a second sort of near the middle of the neck. And then my guitar was directly plugged into "something". It was just one guitar though. Thanks for listening.

Maybe in a couple more months I'll be ready to attempt my first home recording all by myself and I'll be sure to use the click track, lots of mics, and my best "pissed off" guitar whacks :laughings:

Hope you'll keep us aprised - there's a lot of amazing talent here and I think you'll fit right in.

Back