ADAT to PC

Steve West

I am looking at the Hammerfall 9652 sound card to get my 3 XT20s into my PC for mixing, editing, cut and paste, automate and save. Which SONAR software is the most user friendly for my purposes? I won't be using MIDI.

Would I need Totalmix for anything? I guess Totalmix would be all I need if I didn't have to cut and paste. Would anyone have ADATs to computer and tell me what you are using? Oh, and is there a wesite I can go to and get a SONAR manual to read before I purchase?

Thanks,
Steve

Any version of Sonar will do what you are needing, the main difference between like Home Studio, and the full Producer Edition is mostly FX plug-ins and software synths. There are a few functionality differences, but mostly the plugs. If you aren't going to need any great FX like EQ's or Reverb's or such, then I would probably go with the Sonar Home Studio 4. 64 total tracks and simultaneous input is only limited by your soundcard. The FX are pretty weak, but that's why the cost is only $99.00. Just depends on what you need though...

Back