Acoustic Song, Final Mix?

Posted a new version with the following changes based on all your recommendations. Ditched the vocal doubling. Cut low mids from guitar only after the bass comes in. Slowed the song down at the end starting about 6 measures sooner. Took some room out of guitars and lead vocals. Good suggestions all. I think it sounds better. Tell me what you think.

I wish I could say it sounds better, but it now is so loud that every other measure has it clipping quite audibly. Anyone else getting pretty serious clipping on the new mix? My Grados make it almost un-listenable. I almost didn't notice the removal of the doubling, which means it made it *much* better (doubles weren't missed at all).

Could you post another version with the gain turned back down to where it was before, perhaps? That would help quite a bit.

I wish I could say it sounds better, but it now is so loud that every other measure has it clipping quite audibly. Anyone else getting pretty serious clipping on the new mix? My Grados make it almost un-listenable. I almost didn't notice the removal of the doubling, which means it made it *much* better (doubles weren't missed at all).

Could you post another version with the gain turned back down to where it was before, perhaps? That would help quite a bit.
Sorry man, I thought the limiter was catching the peaks, but apparently not. Here's one turned down. Beards 2012_02_20.mp3 - File Shared from Box Thanks again for taking the time.

Nice. I kind of liked the doubled parts the first time around, but hearing the 3rd mix, I really don't miss them and it makes more room for the harmony. I wish I could hear this out loud but am traveling and listening on sony MDR 7506 phones which typically hype hi end, but this sounds warm and full.Very nice job.

I still hear the lead vocal and bass leaning slightly left, but maybe I have water in my ears or something :listeningmusic: :).

Rockin', dude. That mix rocks. Be sure to fade out the static at the very, very end (after guitar fades completely out). As it is, it's just chopped. Sounds very sweet, Mel. Good stuff!
OK, good. I really appreciate you man. You've always got some good ears to help out.

Nice. I kind of liked the doubled parts the first time around, but hearing the 3rd mix, I really don't miss them and it makes more room for the harmony. I wish I could hear this out loud but am traveling and listening on sony MDR 7506 phones which typically hype hi end, but this sounds warm and full.Very nice job.

I still hear the lead vocal and bass leaning slightly left, but maybe I have water in my ears or something :listeningmusic: :).
I'm wondering now if my 2 buss compressor is out of whack, like output hotter on the left than right. Gonna have to check it out. Thanks for the feedback

Back