Acoustic Rock (Feedback Wanted)

PJH

Please take some time to listen to this. It's a side project of mine called Age of Innocence. It's basically acoustic rock and the singer is a girl who's never sung in a studio before. This was her first effort.

Please give me some feedback on what you guys think.

The link is www.mp3.com/age_of_innocence
The song is called Dreams.

Cheers,

PJH

I liked the production and recording and mix seem top notch to me... the only thing I have to complain is she sounded kind of thin ...
cheers

nice production. the voice was very pretty. almost too pretty. but i really liked the song and the mix.

There are some really nice elements here (reverse crashes, synth pads). Her voice is so pure, it almost bleeds into the background at times.

Excellent mix. You did this at home? The lead tone is perfect for this song; if you could "beef up" the electric gits for the rhythm parts, I'd be even happier.

good luck,
Chris

very nice tune.. for some reason I was thinking that this would fit in 'the Lion King' or some type of Disney movie.. nice guitar solo.. I guess you didnt want to let it get too thick with the guitars.. cool..

beautiful tune..

As I'm listening, the first thing that I think is how nice her voice is. Nice range....powerful and creative. I don't care for the drums too much.....they seem too "small" for the tune...or maybe too far back. Nice guitar solo! I think my only "thing" with the voice would be to somehow make it a bit more "airy" or "dirty". I can't remember who said in here but he's right , she almost sounds too pretty!

Nice song overall.... Bravo!

RF

I agree with B/S, sounds like a disney track.. waiting to be discovered. Yeah the drums are a bit thin, but who am i to judge mine sound horrible at best. The singer has a very pretty voice, young and pure. I watch alot of disney movies with my kids, so i'll be waiting for this:D . Good job/recording and if it's her first time in a studio...she did an outstanding job!

Thanks to all of you. Constructive criticism as usual.

Fed:
I do agree but just remember there were plenty of nerves when she sang this. This was the first song that she sang and actually served almost as an audition to see if we were going to go further with the album.

JR#97:
Thanks for that.

Chris:
I agree about the electrics but if I had "beefed" them up I think that she would've been lost in the mix. I had to keep it as light as possible.
I did beef up a few of the other songs on the album. Yes this was recorded at home.

B Sabbath:
Thanks again. Really appreciated.

Rushfan:
Thanks for listening. My thinking on the drum sound was to keep it very light as not to overpower her.

David:
Thanks, I think you'll be waiting for a long time to hear us in a Disney type movie. We have however started on the follow up album and have finished a new song entitled "The name of the game".

Track Rat:
Thanks for taking the time to listen.

Cheers,

Peter.

Peter,

Ther recording and arrangement are top notch. Very smooth.
I'm curious about your setup.
I also agree about the Disney movie. My only problem is with the song itself which is a bit on the sweet side for my taste.

Nice job,

Oren

Back