Acoustic Guitar/Vocal Song, Country-ish Style

Frank P.

Not too much to say about this that I didn't put in the thread title, except that it's my first mix of a recording I did last week of a friend of mine performing one of his songs, and I'd appreciate any input you might have on the performance, recording, etc. It's called 'Afternoons at Home', and you can find it at http://rsorecords.tripod.com (stupidly designed page just for the purpose of hosting this file for a few days or whatever). Thanks for any input, also if anyone is interested in knowing what equipment was used on this recording, I'd be more than happy to post a list of it. Thanks again.
-Frank

nice guitar sound......very nice actually.....man yer voice sounds like the "barenaked ladies"....cool.
i thnk the levels seem fine.....
ok .."saw at the zoo"....um...corny....lol..
but nice song all around.

thanks
jamal

p.s.(like super doper duper man)...lol....nice.

Thanks for the comments Jamal...although that is neither my song nor my singing nor my guitar playing, I can only take credit for the recording...but I'll pass your comments on to the performer next time I talk to him. Thanks again.
-Frank

sounded great. But it seemed like a pretty big Barenaked Ladies rip-off.... If I Had a Million Dollars... same chords, lyric rhythm, everthing... anywho...

I thought it was sonically pretty good. What mic's, pre's, etc? Very warm, yet not constricted.

Thanks JR#97...here's the recording info I promised earlier:

Microphones: 2x Neumann TLM-103
Preamp: PreSonus MP20
Recorder: Studer A807 1/4" 2-track reel-to-reel
Mixer: Soundcraft Spirit M8
Mixdown Recorder: Alesis Masterlink ML-9600
Effects/Processors: FMR Audio RNC-1773 Compressor, Spirit onboard EQ
Cables: Blue Kiwi from mics to pre, Monster 500 series everywhere else.

Recording was done live to 2 seperate tracks on Ampex/Quantegy 456 tape at 15ips with no noise reduction, mixed later to the Masterlink at 24-bit/88.2-khz with the EQs on the Spirit board and a touch of compression on vocals courtesy of the RNC. MP3 conversion done by iTunes 3.0.1 on my PowerMac G4. Hope that covers everything.
-Frank

Back