acoustic guitar singer feedback welcome

zebra

hello,

i got acoustic guitar and singer recorded. mixed it with ssl bleuverb and flux.

the singer wanted to vocals upfront. (jonni mitchell "blue") was his direction.

the room where i recorded was not that great. but i needed it to get some aperience and being there.

what do u think of the mixes?

vocals? guitar?

ballance?

all feedback is welcome.

http://www.soundclick.com/accousticrecording

tnx for your time greetz peter

The performances are good. I'm wondering though about your recording chain and room. The recordings have a low mid range boomy almost brittle sound to them that makes me think you could use some broadband absorption in your room. What was your recording chain?

I think acoustic guitar is alot of personal taste. I really like how full the guitar sounds and the highs aren't bad at all, which I find in alot of mine. The vocals to me pretty good too, a little boomy, but not to bad. I can hear alot of noise in the background though. But I think it is very balanced, no wierd peaks or anything. What mic did you use to record the guitar, and how did you have it set up, if you don't mind me asking.

guitar> ribbon aea R92, fairly on the body.
> km 184 XY straight after the ribbon
vocal > brauner phantom classic
room > oktava mk 012

i didnt choose the room, i just came there and we recorded.

Mike sings quiet low on 400 to 800hz. when he sings higher he comes to 1K. so it was puzling to get the vocals in the mix.

in the reverb for the guitar (bleuverb nomad) i made a lowcut from 500hz. and the vocals came tru.

still to your idea? should i take lows out of ??? guitar? vocals?

if i take it out of the guitar it becomes airy
if i take it out of the vocals, its like you take away his identety.

tnx for the feedback and keep coming

Back