Acoustic guitar processors

Slater

Have a Taylor 614CE with the Fishman onboard blender system and have been running it direct into the board which is a Mackie 1642 VLZ and out a couple of Mackie SRM 450 active speakers.The guitar always seems to sound a bit thin almost like it's stuck in the speaker and won't come out.Was thinking of trying an acoustic processor with presence and tone shaping control such as one made by Boss or LR Baggs.
Anyone out there have any info on these type of items???
Thanks........

I don't know if this effectively addresses your specific question, but - I use a Zoom 504 (older model). You can simulate different guitar bodies, etc. It also has various on board effects, eq. etc. There are certainly better devices available - but this unit helps to add various dimensions to accoustic guitar. Often by itself it may sound less than ideal, but in a mix it can really give the guitar presence. New it was less than $100 - I have not seen any used, but I would guess used would be $50 if you can find one.

Appreciate the feedback. Just bought a Boss AD-3
(199.00 at Musicians Friend) and it really seems to do the job.The stereo chorus is very nice but the reverb is not quite as good as in the Lexicon MPX100 so I use that instead.Lots of presence with this unit especially running
it out in stereo with 1/4" jacks( would be nice to have XLR outputs) and XLR inputs into the board on 2 channels.A real full sound. Thanks again.

Back