acoustic guitar internal mic

rayn_man

I am searching out the best deal on an acoustic mic for playing live. unfortunatly It has to be internal. and where would you want to place this mic. I know someone out there has to have the answer.
ryan

Have your friendly guitar god install a Fishman Prefix Plus stereo blender in your acoustic. This is a combination of a piezo style undersaddle transducer and an electret condenser mic. You get a fader, so you can go from all pickup to all mic or any combination of the two. It can be set for mono or stereo output, so in stereo, if you want to, you can process the two signals independantly. It has 3 band EQ, notch control, and phase reversal. Not only is it a bitchin' stage setup, especially through a Strawbwerry Blonde or California Blonde acoustic amp, but with proper blending, can produce very useable acoustic tracks in studio recording.
It gives you very good control over feedback on stage, and produces minimal bleed. I find the pickup is deep and rich, but sounds like a pickup, very nice for effects or distortion. The mic sounds a little thin, doesn't produce very good bass response. However, the right combination of the 2, sounds beautiful, natural, and just like the guitar it's installed in. For my money, it's the most versatile acoustic-electric system currently produced for guitars. It is not an accident that it is used in Gibson, Martin, and Taylor acoustic-electrics, among many other high-end axes.-Richie

No clue. It cost me plenty, 'cause it came with a Taylor 710CE wrapped around it. The installation would definitely call for a pro, also as, like most modern on board preamp systems, it involves cutting a hole in your child. That's where the guitar god comes in.-Richie

If you are playing at low amplified volumes, the internal mic's are ok. If you start getting into louder situations, you'll have feedback to contend with. Me personally, I use a Sunrise soundhole pickup. I went though every piezo under the sun, and to my ears the Sunrise sounds the best for live playing.

Back