Acoustic fibreglass in the UK?

Dr X

Hello! I'm brand new to this forum as I'm on the hunt for advice about treating my attic studio. Two questions:

1: John Sayers has talked a lot about dense/rigid acoustic fibreglass being better than foam etc as an absorber. Does anyone know what this stuff might be called in the UK..ie what should I go and look for at my local building store?

2: I have a typical attic, hardly any wall (about three feet!) then very high sloping ceilings up to a 80 degree (approx) point. Then flat walls at each end. There is a loft space under the eaves behind the standard stud and plasterboard walls all round the room. There's also a giant brick chimney in the middle and a big stairwell! What should I think about treating first for the biggest gain per dollar?

Any suggestions would be very gratefull received. Thanks in advance.

Haven't got into fibreglass in the UK - oh for the new world order where we all talk the same language ;) can you give us a Drawing??

cheers
john

Plan as requested

Plan as requested. Currently gear and monitors are in space at bottom of plan between stairs and bottom wall. I'd like to be able to record vocals and guitar in the room without having to use mattresses etc as a vocal booth..ideally with my meters in eye line too!

All suggestions very gratefully received. Hope this attachment works, it keeps failing due to me being on a Mac I think!

Attachments

• dr x's.jpeg
    dr x's.jpeg
    42 KB · Views: 17
Back