acoustic/electric recommendation

You may be able to find a low-line Takamine or Ovation (both are made by the same company) that is close to that price range. The Takamine EGC530C is $329 at Musicians Friend (I know nothing about that guitar). Surf the net for prices, that'll be your best bet.

fender makes some models that are in that price range.
surf the net for prices but dont buy until you play.you might look in some of the pawn shops if you dont mind used.check the classifieds on this board.
good luck

Epiphone has a slew of models in that range. Tacoma is another. Seagull probably delivers the best bang for the buck (solid tops and so forth). You're in the mass market range; there should be no problem with finding alternatives. But try before you buy.

I own a Simon & Patrick (1986) which is made by Godin, same company which makes Seagulls. I played the Seagulls recently and, like my S & P, are simply fabulous for the price. I would strongly recommend the Seagulls -the emphasis is on quality so what you're paying for is a well-built guitar without the fancy bells and whistles (i.e. inlays, gold hardware, and other features which do not make the thing play or sound better). They also come with LR Baggs electronics.

Back