Acoustic-Electric....<$900

[B]

i'm in the process of buying myself a new acoustic electric. i would like to spend only around 700 but if it's really worth my money i'll spend an extra $100 or $200. i played around with the cheapest martin out there right now, which is 650. it actually sounded pretty good, but wasn't a cutaway. i'd like a cutaway.

Tacoma is my favorite guitar under $2000. Look for a used DR20E (dreadnaught, rosewood, series 20, Electric) for about $600-800 w/case

I have a Washburn SBF-80 that is great live, no feedback sounds great with DR Zebra strings. However asides from live play it really doesn't serve much purpose. Probably on $400 though used, they don't make it any longer.

A Larrivee OM03E (or OM03R-E or the L-shapes in the 3-series) should come in just under a grand. Great bang for your buck!

While we are making suggestions, has anyone tried the "GAD" line produced/marketed by Guild? I think they are made in China for Guild. I've seen a few models with a street price of less than $900 on Elderly Instruments' website.

My main acoustic/electric is a Takamine EF381. Frankly I don't care for the sound as it lacks a lot of bottom end. Plugged in it sounds pretty flat and the acoustic sound is really thin due to the smaller body. I should've gotten the dreadnaught body style. I bought this unplayed and unseen after reading reviews of similar Takamine's and was really disapointed in the sound of the pickup.

I was playing a Tacoma the other day that really tripped my trigger, and of course I'm a huge Martin and Guild fan.

ndycus1 said:
I own a Takamine EAN40C and absolutely LOVE it!!! It sounds great and looks great!! It has a built in tuner, which is more useful to me than I could have ever imagined. I would definitely recommend it. Look at the guitar at the link below. And read all of the reviews for it. Everyone loves this guitar! Hope this helps.

http://www.music123.com/Takamine-EAN40C-i39796.music?match=1

that guitar looks very nice. this might be the one. (taking a trip over to guitar center to play one in the next couple days)

Back