Acient Calkwalk Version (ProAudio7)

aceteleman

I haven't been to this site for more than two years due to lack of internet access. I have a Fostex MR8 that I want to use to record my original material. I have a very old version of Cakewalk (ProAudio7) and I'm having trouble getting the two to interface. Any advise on that matter would be welcome.

Also I'd like to know if there are any downloadable upgrades for that old of a version and, if so, where would I find them. I've already been to the Cakewalk site and couldn't find anything there. So, if anyone knows give me a hollar.

I'm usually home in the evening no later than 7pm Pacific time so you can reach me on yahoo messenger (ace_teleman) or AIM (AcpPckr)

Nice to be back on the internet and back to HomeRecording.com

I almost forgot, as the MR8 uses a compact flash card as the storage media, I'm wondering if anyone knows if CompactFlash is CompactFlash regardless of the manufaturer or, as the Fostex people tell me only certain brands and particular models are compatable. True or False???

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with the Fostex, but I imagine ProAudio 7 should be able to communicate with it without an upgrade? Does it speak MIDI?

When you said ancient, I though you were talking earlier versions for DOS and Windows 3.0... Twelve Tone (now Cakewalk) used to be really good about offering upgrades from these truly ancient versions for a song. I think since Sonar, thouggh, they've tighened up quite a bit.

One of these days I'm going to re-install version 1 or 2 for DOS again just to see if I can still find my way around. I used to love that event view!

BTW, I think CF is CF no matter who makes it.

ProAudio

Well, I did find a couple of updates for ProAudio7 but don't have Cakewalk installed on this computer, it's the old office puter, my old one finally went off to cyber heaven, or in it's particular case, cyber hell I hope!!! lol Anyway, getting a new one in the next day or so so waiting to do any dl's or any of that other crap until I'm back in business with a decent compter....

As far as the cf cards go, I've dodne swome research and saw some pretty bad reports from people who have tried cards not recommeded by Fostex for the MR8, every thing from losing tracks, to totally screwing up the machine so I've been a little leary. Anyway, was informed there were some dl's to up grade the MR8 from Fostex and that it corrected the problems of using only a particular cf card brand (there are several brands on the recommended list) so when the new puter is set up I'll go do that and see what happens....

Back