Acid - working with samples

incursio

I recently picked up a couple of decent sample CDs from Ilio. All I really want to do right now is learn the basics enough to put together some decent percussion tracks for some of my acoustic work.

At any rate, if you are familiar with Ilio samples (and I'm sure others are like this too), each "track" on the CD contains like 5 or 10 different parts, all to the same tempo. I've been importing them into an Acid track, and basically going crazy trimming them and mangling them together into some semblance of a rhythym track. I'm going nuts.

Is there a better way (or tool) for doing this? I want to use the samples if possible - they do sound quite nice.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers.
Scott

If this is an audio cd then you need a cd ripper, go to download.com and search for it. It will take each tracks that you choose and convert them to .wav, .aif or .mp3!

Last edited:
The problem is that each track has 6 or 7 different soundbytes on it. I've been using Soundforge to hack em up into individual tracks ... tedious.

Cheers.
Scott

A tad off cue but, I gave up on this sort of thing. I tend to use sonic foundry's "drum tools" and edit from their.

For the frustation factor and the time spent, I have much more luck starting with a beat that works and adding fills and cymbals and such as the song warrants. Granted, it still sounds like loops, I get the momentum builds and accents I want for a solid "idea" of how it would sound with a live drummer.

For an idea, check out " divine world" at
http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/rockpop/theron/

This is not self promotion, just an example.
Perhaps you are going for more than this. The drum track on the song above was my first attempt.

Hope this helped.

Peace,

Theron.

I've been importing them into an Acid track, and basically going crazy trimming them and mangling them together into some semblance of a rhythym track. I'm going nuts.

But if you look at it on the positive side, you will be sharpening your "editing skills".

:)

Back