Acid Pro / Cakewalk (or similar) Do I need both?

thugpassion

I'm so confused and I know y'all know everything, so please tell me something. I want to record beats. I want to set up a "studio" on my computer. Do I need both Acid Pro & Cakewalk (or similar products) to achieve this? I have nothing right now to start any type of recording. What else do I need? Please don't be mad with me (I know y'all must answer these types of questions all the time), I just need a bit of guidance. Y'all are experts. Help me out, please. :D

I thought y'all helped people by giving answers to their questions. I'm a newby (newbie, or however it's spelled singular). I just want your advice. please reply.

Thug, the BBS is largely for sharing info about technique/glitches/hardware/software issues/general griping and opinion.....if you were to start from the first page of this site, not just the BBS, you would find out all the basics very easily...that's the purpose of the site...Dragon has everything covered very well from tape to computers....and all your answers are there...yes the BBS is to help, but it's not for re-explaining stuff that's on the site pages.....check it out and you'll like it...it's very informative.....gibs

Acid Pro and Cakewalk are both good program but they don't produce any sounds themselves. You need something to produce some sound first. Midi equipment, softsynths, or samples or some sort.

to start off with all you need is acid pro... you can make beats and record vocals with just that program..it doesnt do midi though , but thats no big deal because midi is pretty difficult to comprehend for the beginner.. youll also need a keyboard or the likes , to make the initial beats and rythyms..

sorry i didnt get to this sooner , ive been out for a while..

- eddie -

I know some of the basics I need to start recording on my computer. I will need a mixer, a good microphone, good software to make beats, a keyboard, a good sound card, but I'm not too clear about what else I may need. I think I might just go with both software programs. I just don't want to waste any money buying something I wont be using that often. Do you think it will be a waste of money to buy both? By the way, I read some of the info about starting out. I just don't know what part of it will apply to me. I'm a bit confused about what I need exactly. As I said before, I don't want to waste any money.

thugpassion ,

i would suggest purchasing acid pro 2.0 rather than acid music and cakewalk .. with acid pro you can add dx effects to your vocal tracks , and it has more options than acid music.. i cant really elaborate right now , im at work , but drop me an email if you need more info , for i have been frequenting this site alot less than normal lately..

- eddie -

http://fruityloops.com this is all u need to make beats with, it comes with all your standard drumkits (808,909,etc)and works much like a sampler does. from your handle I would guess u want to do some hiphop stuff right? well this is it the full version allows u to use the keyboard part of it so u can lay down simple melodies and such and there is a software synth called the ts404 which IMO has a really original sound and interface to make cool trancy basslines and leads
sorry if this sounds like a commercial :-)
no I dont work for them either just enjoy the simplicity of it. I use it as a musical sketch pad but .......
Just gi'mme fruityloops and a mike and I will make a whole album no shit

Back