Acid 7 lagging as hell

Dado

I got the acid and im like trying to record my vocals over beat and i cant get em right cuz i play the beat and i start spitin i can hear that im spitin with the flow and im on point and then when i listen to it there isnt no flow its all messed up and stuff
Any one can help me?
And ye i read the other topics but there is nothing that can help me
:(

when i started with vegas that was happending to me . . . i had to increase the buffer size in teh settings and on the recording tabs (I believe thats where it was) . . . had to increase it real real real high . . . then there was no more lag . . . the recording elements on the cpu wasnt keepin up with the "real time" of my vocals . . .

but that was with Vegas . . . i personally cant stand acid . . but thats me . . im bein told that sony has pretty much gutted the audio components out of vegas and thrown them in acid . . . that sux!

What audio interace/soundcard are you using
What sample rate
What latency setings are you using
are you selcting ASIO drivers for recording

Any of those things can affect latency of recording

It's default . I dont have asio drivers seleceted and i have onboard interface.Preety noobish but i beg your understanding :)

Still using a built-in soundcard?? Unfortunately, those are made with less than $1 worth of chips for beeps, boops and light gaming (not to mention cheapness for the manufacturer) and NOT quality music production. Built-ins have sloppy drivers and give you horrible delays (latency).

#1 Rule of Recording: You MUST replace the built-in soundcard.

Here's a good guide and tested suggestions: http://www.tweakheadz.com/soundcards_for_the_home_studio.htm

Back