Acid 3.0 Beeps On Beat When Rendered.

tonyA

HELP! I have created a mix of two of my songs and rendered them to be in MP3 and WAV format, but there is this mechanical beeping/honking noise on every downbeat and I can't seem to get rid of it. Editing it manually would really be very tedious. Has anybody come across this weird bug? I am really tempted to go back to my original Acid 2.0. Never had that problem with that one.

I have never had this problem. Strange.

The only thing I can think of - because it sounds like something a company might do to get you to buy the full program - are you using a demo version of ACID 3.0?

If you have the full version, I would suggest calling their support line - I have found SF's tech support to be pretty good. Or check their website in the support section and do a search.

Good luck!

Brad

Acid Crackle

I experience crackle and harsh sounds sometimes when I recorded into Acid. I was never able to find the reason for this. I also experienced this with Vegas Audio LE, so I went back to Cakewalk and now I'm using Sonar for looping and multitracking. I spoke with Sonic Foundry about this they said it may be my sound card, I have a delta 66, so I call M-Audio and they walked me through changing the IRQs but that did not solve the problem. Like I said I went back to Cakewalk because I loaded the software and it ran great, I even tested it with 32 tracks of audio recording up to 3:30 minutes and it worked great. I started to have dropouts when I tried to apply 10+ effects. I purchase Vegas Video 3.0 for the sole purpose of CD Architect (it only cost $172).

Go ahead and give Sonic Foundry a call. If you still have trouble go to this website and see the price of Home Studio 2002 or Sonar, the only problem is it is for students and education institutions: http://www.journeyed.com/ If you can get the transcript of a friend or buddy and fax it to them and then open an account you can reap the benefits of the prices.

Good Luck

Static or pops or crackle would indicate an incompatibility somewhere - with the Delta 66, I can assure you its their drivers. If you're using a Delta card on Win98se and your driver is anything but 4.1.22.27, you will have mysterious intermitant clicks and pops.

Beeps, on the other hand, sound completely intentional. I would suspect its either a (poorly) cracked version or that its a demo. Get the real thing. If you already "own" the product, make Sonic Foundry fix it to your satisfaction.

Z

THANK YOU

I found out what the problem was. It was the beatmaster/maker when I try to import the wave file. But when I try to render the file through another way - problem solved. I bought his program legit from a computer show. I own Acid Music (for unlimited tracks) , Acid Rock (for its loops), Acid Style (my first one), Acid 2.0 and Acid 3.0. (I guess, they got me, huh? Now I am curious about Sonar).

Info about SONAR

Take a trip to www.cakewalk.com. It is an excellent product.

Like I stated in my prior posting, I had the static, and crackle in Acid Pro 3.0 and Vegas Audio but when I used SONAR, under the same conditions, it worked great. I ordered Vegas Video, I do hope I will not have the same problem.

Back