AC/DC - THE JACK - LIVE - COVER

BCF1

Few years back I did a studio version cover of AC/DC's "The Jack" that was almost decent, maybe.
For this "Live" version cover I tracked new vocal, added the crowd noise to a cut up rearrangement of my original guitar, bass and drum tracks with a bit of reverb to hopefully get the "Live" vibe. Again I think the result is almost decent.
Any tips, suggestions, critiques positive or negative appreciated.

Thx

Live cover version

Original cover

Yeah good version. I had a version of this on an album called If You Want Blood. I would back off the crowd noise and just bring it up now & then maybe during the quieter parts. Nice job on the vocal, very credible

I quite like the big crowd, but the treatment on the vocal is a little too extreme - a bit thin, and the reverse on the guitar - that's a bit full. The stadium sound is always a bit 'hollow' on guitars. I forgot I actually bought this album - when I saw them in a tiny 800 capacity venue here in the UK in the 70s.

I really like what you've done here - just the tone difference on the vocal and guitar would work better for me - the lead when it appears sits fine. Maybe it's just the fullness of the two lowest strings?

Yeah good version. I had a version of this on an album called If You Want Blood. I would back off the crowd noise and just bring it up now & then maybe during the quieter parts. Nice job on the vocal, very credible
If you want blood - I wore the grooves out of that album when I was a kid, played it so much. The arraignment and performances on that album are etched in my brain and mostly what I based my version off. I didn't want to go note for note or word for word, but instead close. Close enough to make the connection but not carbon copy..
However when I hear it my mind is expecting things that never come.

I'll revisit crowd noise.

Thank you for having a listen !!

I quite like the big crowd, but the treatment on the vocal is a little too extreme - a bit thin, and the reverse on the guitar - that's a bit full. The stadium sound is always a bit 'hollow' on guitars. I forgot I actually bought this album - when I saw them in a tiny 800 capacity venue here in the UK in the 70s.

I really like what you've done here - just the tone difference on the vocal and guitar would work better for me - the lead when it appears sits fine. Maybe it's just the fullness of the two lowest strings?
Appreciate the input. I hear what you're referring to. I think I have the low end of vocal choked off with an eq pass, I'll try opening it up to allow more lows. Tweak lead guitar low end then Maybe do some automation on crowd noise.

Thank you for listening and commenting !!

Back