About nail plectrums

Anticleon

I've been learning guitar with a Yamaha C40, (as an adult who has never learned music, lol). And I saw a "nail plectrum pick set" on ebay.
My question is: is it ok to use them, and are they comfortable to play with? (Or does it depend on the brand etc?)
Can you please tell me whether to use them or not?

Depends what style of music you're into. If you really like country finger picking then probably. I finger pick an acoustic sometimes and I just use my fingers.

If you're just a beginner I wouldn't bother. Practice first until you work out what style suits you before you spend money on stuff. Just get a normal medium thickness pick or just use your fingers.

thanks JDOD
I'm following the L&M Guitar video tutorials and youtube videos. And I'm more interested in country yes, so I guess I better not use them for now :)
Been learning more than a year now, but not regularly :)

Yeah, get to the point where you're developing you're own style and are happy just playing first.

The only thing I would caution - if you really think you want to eventually use finger picks, don't wait too long to transition.

I played finger style for a few years (starting using a flat pick, then moved on to finger pickin' and eventually to a poor attempt at hybred pickin')

When I finally decided to add finger picks, the adjustment was very difficult since I had grown so accustomed to using my fingers (with my nails grown out) - suddenly with the finger picks, I had to adjust my technique to allow for different spacing then my bare fingers, etc.

I went through a lot of plastic finger picks as I experimented with cutting then to the "right" length, etc.

Back