About mp3's

soundmaster

Does anyone no where I can download, or purchase a good Mp3 player to remix my Mp3's.
I have a good mix on some of my originals that I recorded on to Cd-r disk from my Br8. & Load the cd in my laptop record it on to my MusicMatch jukebox in Mp3 format.
The players that I have now were free downloads like, MusicMatch jukebox, Winamp,
& the latest windows media player.

Is there anything else out there, that is pro audio quality.
I'm not really looking for a program that has a multi tracks, just a reliable mp3 player that has really good mastering effects, like signal processing, surround sound, eq ----the works.

Right now I'm looking for anything like an Mp3 player or better. Just to remaster Mp3's

Well, personally I think "pro audio quality mp3" is kinda an oxymoron, but that's beside the point :) There's a bunch of plugins and crap for Winamp, they can't all be that bad...Or you might just decompress the mp3s to wav's, and use a regular audio editor...

Actually, I just re-read the question, why are you converting them to mp3s in the first place? It'd sound a lot better to do the editing before you convert them to mp3s...

-travis (confused) :)

mp3 reply

I need to know, because I'm new at this audio engineering stuff, It's like trying to speak spanish, or mongolia.
& the goal for me is to produce a kick ass demo!
Wich I'm far from accomplishing right now! I'm having a hard time just trying to get some answers, or idea's from some of these forums, message boards, discusion board etc.....Sometimes I get lucky, but thats all my only source of information.
Maybe one of these days I'll be able to talk like an engineer.
One of these days I'll get it!

Well, I know less than nothing about laptop sound stuff, but it sounds like you're already able to get the sound from your BR8 to the laptop, the thing you want to avoid is converting them to mp3 for no reason. MP3 is a lossy way of compressing sound, meaning that it degrades the quality of the sound each time it's converted. If I was you, I'd download demos of Cool Edit 2000 and/or SoundForge and screw around with those. You can record your songs to your computer as wav files, and edit them that way. I don't know the addresses for those off the top of my head, but a yahoo search should turn up something. Good luck! It gets easier! :)

-travis

Back