? about low E string -- Samick Greg Bennett

RichHead

I've had this guitar for about two months now (I know how many people say Samick suck). I played it at the guitar shop and thought it sounded awesome. I took it home, and after about two weeks of messing with it, I have found it impossible to tune the low E string. If I play the low E string open, it sounds like a cow dying. Even a fretted note does it a little bit. The A string, to a lesser extent, has the same problem. I hooked it up to my chromatic tuner, just to see if was my tuning. I noticed that it bounces (more like rolls) between 436 and 444 on my gauge, and finally as the tone fades it will rest on 440 (or something close to it).

I called the guy at the guitar shop, he told me that the guitar probably needs to be intonated. I noticed the intonation is a little off, but it just doesn't seem right to me. Any ideas where I should be looking. Maybe new strings will fix it?

Thanks for reading - RichHead

Check the E string again at the 12th fret and compare it with the open E and the harmonic at the 12th fret. On an acoustic it will be a little sharp (very little), if it's a lot then you probably need someone to make a compensated saddle for the guitar.

Philboyd it is an adjustable saddle. I guess I just haven't been playing electric enough. Seems OK after adjustment. Thanks man....

Back