Ableton Live plugins on an other DAW

Vigo

I was just wondering if this was possible? I'd like to put the plugins of live on Cubase since i mainly use Cubase but i'd like to use certain live plugins such as EQ 8.

Any way i can do this?

Thanks.

I've never tried using Ableton Plug ins in another DAW. You could try to see where plug ins are installed and point your DAW to that folder to see if it will pick it up. but I do think they are proprietary. If that is the case, I would try rewire. I've experimented with rewire a couple of times, with various degrees of success.

You would use rewire as you would a return or a bus. Send your track that you want to use the plug in from Cubase to Ableton and then back to a channel back to Cubase. I think (not sure as I've never tried it) you would have to record that track to another track to pickup the effect.

Just for full disclosure, this is just a guess as I have not tried this, so others may have a better idea how to use rewire.

I've never tried using Ableton Plug ins in another DAW. You could try to see where plug ins are installed and point your DAW to that folder to see if it will pick it up. but I do think they are proprietary. If that is the case, I would try rewire. I've experimented with rewire a couple of times, with various degrees of success.

You would use rewire as you would a return or a bus. Send your track that you want to use the plug in from Cubase to Ableton and then back to a channel back to Cubase. I think (not sure as I've never tried it) you would have to record that track to another track to pickup the effect.

Just for full disclosure, this is just a guess as I have not tried this, so others may have a better idea how to use rewire.

Hmm i think i'll go read about ReWiring and i'll try it, thanks!

I've started Rewiring.

So i've got it running and all, i can see the meters moving on both daws when i play a sample on ableton but heres what i really want to do.

I want to, say, record a guitar track on Cubase, send it to Ableton to use Ableton's FXS (like compressors or anything) and send it back to Cubase. I've found no real way of doing this, all i can seem to do is send midi in between the 2 daws but that's not at all what i was looking for in rewiring, so. Anyone knows how to rewire a track to use the other daw's plugins?

Back