Ableton Live Plugins Not Working

mathiasrose

Hi all,

I use a mac and just downloaded .wav files meant to be plugins. Firstly, are these Audio Units or VST files?

Either way, when I select a custom folder for the plugins on my Ableton 8.0, I pick the folder containing the dowloads. However, nothing shows up in the plugins folder. Is there a step I might be missing or an explanation for why they're not appearing? A friend of mine is using the same plugins (she actually sent them to me) and they work for her.

Thank You!

Hi all,

I use a mac and just downloaded .wav files meant to be plugins. Firstly, are these Audio Units or VST files?

Either way, when I select a custom folder for the plugins on my Ableton 8.0, I pick the folder containing the dowloads. However, nothing shows up in the plugins folder. Is there a step I might be missing or an explanation for why they're not appearing? A friend of mine is using the same plugins (she actually sent them to me) and they work for her.

Thank You!

Ableton doesn't use wav files as plugins. Second, if they are Ableton Live packs, Ableton checks to see if they are registered with that software (authorize them), other wise they will not work. To install an Ableton Live pack : https://www.ableton.com/en/help/article/live-pack-FAQ/

Back