Abelton Korg Akai Kontrol 1 nightmare

mustardeer

losing my mind, please help!

KORG sp250 (digital piano) midi OUT to Kontrol 1's IN (audio interface).
Akai apc40 via usb into MACbook.
Keyboard amp pluged into Kontrol 1's out.

Can't get the KORG to play VST's sounds (massive, fm8, etc). Sometimes certain keys trigger certain notes but not all keys work. All keys work with KORG's internal speakers so it's not the korg.

I think the problem is i can't tell Abelton that i'm using the korg because the korg is plugged into the Kontrol 1 so Ableton just knows of Kontrol 1. Installed Kontrol 1's latest drivers. I'm very new to Abelton so hopefully it's the software. Any ideas?!

Can't get the KORG to play VST's sounds (massive, fm8, etc). Sometimes certain keys trigger certain notes but not all keys work. All keys work with KORG's internal speakers so it's not the korg.
Any ideas?!

Ok, I get it.
The output of your soundcard delivers the audio from your VST's. You will not hear the vst sounds through your Korg's speakers unless your Korg somehow acts as a soundcard for your computer. I'm guessing your cannot select the "Korg" as an "audio" output source in Ableton, right? Once you begin to monitor your actual audio output, you'll hear what your computer is saying. The Korg is just a trigger device, not an audio playback device for vst's.

make sure you have the interface and keyboard on and running before loading ableton

have you gone to preferences and changed anything?

have you downloaded ASIO?

Last edited:
Back