aark 20/20/soundblaster live compatibility

callipygian

I just got a used aardvark 20/20 soundcard, and I installed it onto my computer without taking out my old soundblaster live platinum card. I downloaded the appropriate driver from the aardvark website because when I got the card it did not have the diskette containing the required drivers and control panel, and I installed it. Customer support told me that the downloaded driver came with the control panel software as well, but when I installed it, there was no aark 20/20 icon to click on to get into the control panel. There was only an icon for uninstall, and an icon for asio configuration.....so is it the fact that I haven't uninstalled my other soundcard, or what? Thanx to anyone who helps.....

No...you can use the 2 together usually without too many problems. Check your device manager to see if the card has a problem. It sounds more like an install problem to me. Did Windows find new hardware when you fired it up ?

That set me on the right track! Mentioning the words "device manager" brought back some old memories of some things I thought I still new about computers......and I got it to work! Thank you very much!

Back